Best Micro Four Thirds (MFT) Cinematography Camera

iKokomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know that the Blackmagic Production, Pocket, and Pocket 4K use the MFT lens mount but I was just wondering what other companies (besides Blackmagic) out there use the MFT lens mount?

My only stipulation is the fact that it has to shoot at least 4K.

60p and RAW are nice but not necessary. I will probably use it mostly in 24p.

I like Blackmagic (as I have one) but I would like to know what other companies are out there!

Panasonic is the biggest maker of M4:3 cameras supporting video. Beyond that, there are a few specialty cameras that can be adapted, but I don't think the adapters will support the electronics, which makes the whole idea fairly worthless.

I just remembered that the Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mk II is currently being sold for around $1,000 US. Basically this is a clearance price because the camera was replaced by the Mk III a long time ago now, and I guess the new company is dumping old stock during re-organization. I do not actually know much about that camera, but for a while it was the company's top level, so I expect it was pretty good. I would expect that at least generally, it should have been a match for the Panasonic G9.

Most reactions

Back