BEST Monitor or specs for color/photo accuracy?

gatorcruz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you in advance for your responses. I edit all my photos on CS3 from my 17" laptop. Although it is a powerful laptop, there are obvious drawbacks to the screen (change the angle of the screen or my seat position and the visual brightness/contrast of the screen does alternate). So, because buying a brand new desktop computer with a fancy 24" DVI monitor is not economically feasible, I was thinking of buying a 22" (or larger) monitor that I could plug into my laptop.

My questions are:

*Would having the second monitor (no DVI port in my laptop, just a regular monitor plug) be more accurate than my laptops monitor? I hate it when my photos look slightly lighter/darker (among other differences) than what they look like on my screen.

*Having a bigger screen definitely seems like a bonus, but would it actually be a better picture? A better working environment?

*Would color callibration be more precise on the second monitor than my laptops monitor? or would I suffer from the same problems as with my laptop's monitor?

*I prefer to shop around for a good deal. So, I rather have the SPECIFICATIONS I sould look for in a monitor rather than a specific brand. I would appreciate all advice.

Thank you.

Why don't you give us a price range? Out of any monitor, I'll recommend a Dell 2407WFP. I bought mine for around $800 when they first came out. They can be had now for very reasonable prices. Very good color, very large, high resolution (1920x1200). I have yet to see a monitor I'd rather have (except of course the 30" dell and 30" apple).

Search the forums for posts started by me about monitors and color calibration. Some folks here shared some great information with me that will be extremely valuable for you. The short answer is good color accuracy on LCD panels does NOT come cheap. There are ways to sorta fudge it, but you'll always struggle a little bit. It's a real PITA. Anyway, like I say, lot more info in those posts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back