Best Monitor

elie1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
am looking to get a new monitor for editing my photos i used to havea viewsonic declaring to be pro but is not since color vaires from top to bottom so can any1 tell me about a realy pro monotor that would give u the best color results ?

one more thing LCD monitors are in no way in hell pro no matter what the cost since color vaires from top to bottom no matter what monitor u buy but am open for any sugestion claiming the opposit, would realy appreciate help on the subject

There are different monitor technologies for Thin film transistor liquid crystal monitor displays, (TFT-LCD):
  • Twisted-Nematic (TN)
  • In-Plane Switching (IPS)
  • Patterned Vertical Alignment (PVA)
Based on what you described I'd guess your monitor was a TN type. Those are the cheapest ones to make.

Unfortunately there is no, one best monitor.

However there is a nice selection of good monitors out there. What is your budget?

The best will cost you well north of $1500 USD.

Additionally, for professional results the monitor display will need to be profiled for your specific installation.
Colorimeters are sufficient for profiling if you are not making your own prints, but you would need to download the ICC profiles for the printers your print lab uses so you can soft proof with your image editing software.
X-Rite i1Display 2 Colorimeter Monitor Profile Solution EODIS2 -

If you are making your own prints, you would need a spectrophotometer to profile both your monitor and printer. X-Rite ColorMunki Photo Color Management Solution CMUNPH - B&H

Most reactions

Back