best online place to get a Nikon D80?

Devananda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello all I am going to get my first DLSR camera. and so far have been having a lot on problems with online vendors..... :thumbdown:
any feed back on were on get good prices on a pkg deals + customer service?
thanks

online would not be a good place to buy a NEW D80......(i guess i should add a reason).....many online stores are not honest about their ads and you might get things that is not within your expection...also if there are problem with your purchase....it is a hassle to get it fixed or return.....but of course....if you buy online from a local store....that is a different store.........i guess i should be have stated my comment better to avoid confusion....ONLINE STORE is what i was referring to.....even they are honest about their business........it is too time consuming to return a non-functioning item...and return shipping is not free......but most of the time......you would not have problem.....is just something i try to avoid when i order electronics.....anything related to consumer electronics can go wrong easily

online would not be a good place to buy a NEW D80......
That is a ridiculous statement. If you don't have anything to contribute, then don't say anything at all.

hello all I am going to get my first DLSR camera. and so far have been having a lot on problems with online vendors.....
any feed back on were on get good prices on a pkg deals + customer service?
thanks
Check out B&H and Adorama, both are on our links page. They are two of the largest camera stores in the world and do a lot of business and have great reputations. In fact, if you use the links on this site when you make a purchase...you would be helping to support this forum...which we would appreciate.

Cameta Cameras would be a reliable place. They do most of their sales through Ebay, but they're a BBB recommended company.

I just ordered a Sony Alpha a-100 from them and customer service when placing the order was great. I get the camera in the mail today, so I haven't had the full experience with them yet. I'll let you know if the product sent to me is good as new.

There were several other members on this board who recommended Cameta to me.

Web Site: http://secure.cameta.com/index.cfm

I could be wrong, but I believe Joe (clarinetjwd) bought his camera through Cameta Cameras, and I think JoCose did, as well. I know Joe recommends them to people, and I'm pretty sure JoCose had a good experience with them as well.

Just be cautious, and read store reviews before purchasing....and and Big Mike said, B&H and Adorama are some great ones (I've used them often for camera equipment...B&H mostly) that would also help the forum out. :)

I ordered my 300D (it's been a little over 2 years) from Newegg.com, and had a good experience with them, and got it at the best deal I could find on the net at the time.

online would not be a good place to buy a NEW D80......(i guess i should add a reason).....many online stores are not honest about their ads and you might get things that is not within your expection...also if there are problem with your purchase....it is a hassle to get it fixed or return.....but of course....if you buy online from a local store....that is a different store.........i guess i should be have stated my comment better to avoid confusion....ONLINE STORE is what i was referring to.....even they are honest about their business........it is too time consuming to return a non-functioning item...and return shipping is not free......but most of the time......you would not have problem.....is just something i try to avoid when i order electronics.....anything related to consumer electronics can go wrong easily
From scam sites...................sure.................but from places like oh say....................B&H and Adorama...............you'd be fine.

Quit it with the damn periods, it's annoying as hell.

From scam sites...................sure.................but from places like oh say....................B&H and Adorama...............you'd be fine.

Quit it with the damn periods, it's annoying as hell.

is this supposed to be personal???......those periods is just the way i type.....for the last thousands of online messages i type......this is the format i use.....i dont find them abusive or offensive.....everyone has a different typing style........is not nice for you to judge on something like that :grumpy: .....

about online stores......i am not against them.......in fact....i love them....they alway have the best deal duo to lower overhead.....ebay is my favourite...but also one of the worst online shopping location....when it comes to buying consumer electronics.....i just feel safer to buy it from a store and test it out before accepting it.....or a location that is convenient enough to return and get fund or exchange easily....that's all

wow I did not know new egg sold cameras ...HUM I go check them out .

Yep, they sure do. My camera and my first CF card are actually the only thing I've ever purchased from them, but my ex bought from them regularly for various electronics/computer stuff.

Here's the D80 on NewEgg.

I suggest B&H and you can order over the phone as well as on their website. My history with B&H goes back many years ago when I still lived in N.Y.C. They were one of the few camera stores in N.Y.C. also doing mail order that I found to offer reliable service and competitive price's. After moving away from N.Y.C., I continued to buy from them over the phone and then on-line. Never a problem with the equipment I bought or the service I received, in fact the service has alway's been first rate.

Most reactions

Back