Best Photo Printer? Semi Professional/professional?

ronnie_blackii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been out of the loop for a while and am looking for another photoprinter.I do mostly weddings, landscape, portraits, etc etc. My other printer is just too old and the technology has changed quite a bit. I am wondering what input some of you may have on a great photo printer. Most of my work is for business, not full time. Weddings, black and white, portraits, I will also do a lot of black and white. Ive looked at the Canon and the HP. Any ideas or experiences with high end photo printers? Im not looking for speed as much as I am quality and larger prints. 4x6 to 13x19.
Any help would be welcome. Thanks

epson of course has become the standard; however i purchased an hp 9180 as it came highly recommended from several people i respected. it is terrific, with black and white prints being very neutral and the color is terrific as well. my main use for purchase was making digital negatives for alterative processes but the additional benifts has more than paid for the printer

i am using an epson printer with only black inks for b&w and when side by side they may have a nicer dmax but most people would find the hp more than acceptable.

shop around carefully as the price can vary greatly. i paid only 489 which included free shipping, but that was several months ago.

I´m still happy using my 2 year old Canon iP5000 ...it was one of the best at the time.
The fight has continued to produce the best printer and the lead seems to change every year...as Ann says, it looks like the Epson is well up there at the moment so if the price doesn´t bug you, you have the answer.

Look here for more info http://www.consumersearch.com/www/computers/inkjet-printers/index.html

I think I am going to look more into the Stylus R2400 I hear great reiviews and it seems to be in my price range..Any thoughts on this one?
Ronnie

Read the link I just posted...they highly recommend it

We have a couple Epson 2200's that are a little long in tooth. When we upgrade, it will be with 2400's. Unless I wait too long and they bring out a newer model. :D

Most reactions

Back