Best Photography web site building program

You should look into SmugMug, Flickr, Zenfolio, etc. Sure, they cost money, but they look better than anything you can build yourself unless you have some experience.

I personally would build sites in dreamweaver or flash.

My vote is for Smugmug, as a long time Smugmug user I can attest to the ease of setting up my site they way I wanted it. They have a free trial if you want to check it out.

What about security (as far as people stealing your work)?

You should look into SmugMug, Flickr, Zenfolio, etc. Sure, they cost money, but they look better than anything you can build yourself unless you have some experience.

I agree. With the arrival of "web 2.0" it's easier and effective to use
ready-to-go platforms like those. You can get your own webhosting
also and use open-source scripts like Joomla but if you're not a geek,
there's a learning-curve as well as server admin security
considerations.

Personally I like the paid hosting services provided by servage.net
and the blog/photo networking at ipernity.com. Ipernity is the best
interface i've come across.

Last edited:
well if you want to sell your pictures you can go to shutterbugstorefront.com and you can create a website and sell pictures off of it. they get the order process it and ship it. its like $65 or $100 a year. I'm gonna sign up and try it out to see if i like it.

In response to Road Kill's question on stealing work:

I use Smug Mug. There is a option for "right clicking" on your CONTROL PANEL to prevent people from staling you work.

Use this html code in the "Top Javascript" box to display when they right click you photo:

rightClickWarning = "All photos are property of **YOUR BUINESS NAME GOES HERE**. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited.";

DAN

Most reactions

Back