Best place to buy D500

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I've decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on a D500 in the next week or so once a few clients pay their invoices.. I can't resist it any longer. It will become my primary camera, my D7100 will become my backup, and I'll sell my D7000.

I was sad to see that it's back to up $1,996 on B&H because it had been down to $1500 for a while, on sale. Does anyone know of anywhere that has it on sale right now? I'm not opposed to used/refurb, though I'd prefer to stick to reputable retailers who guarantee that it's a US model. There are plenty of places selling what I assume are grey market models for $1300-1500 at the moment.

A bonus would be to purchase it from somewhere outside of NY to save myself some sales tax up front.

Check this out haha. > Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Nikon D500 DX-Format Digital SLR (Body Only)

I think it's safe to say, this is a scam.

amazon.PNG

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Not Wal-Mart. It's sold & shipped by The Pixel Hub.
Fair enough. "....from the wal-mart website".

If you don't mind dealing with walmarts third-party suppliers you'll get the full warranty instead of the refurb warranty.

The Pixel Hub sells grey market items.
Wow- so no USA warranty? Not well disclosed there. Good catch.

Is that what this is trying to say? "Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information."

Pretty obscure...

........A bonus would be to purchase it from somewhere outside of NY to save myself some sales tax up front.

"Up front" is the operative phrase here. Most people are ignorant of their state's sales tax laws that would require buyers (even individuals like us) to self-report and remit sales tax on out-of-state purchases.

........A bonus would be to purchase it from somewhere outside of NY to save myself some sales tax up front.

"Up front" is the operative phrase here. Most people are ignorant of their state's sales tax laws that would require buyers (even individuals like us) to self-report and remit sales tax on out-of-state purchases.

Exactly. But if I buy out of state then rather than cost me out of pocket, it will just take some cash off the top of my tax return for 2017

Is that what this is trying to say? "Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information."

Pretty obscure...
Walmart is trying to compete against Amazon and become a vendor marketplace. Thus they may not have control of what is actually sold on their marketplace. Different vendors selling the same thing for various prices. Become aware of who the actual vendor is.

Best Buy is a good, actual in-store vendor in many towns and cities in the USA. They also have pretty good financing plans. Seriously, not kidding here. My state, Oregon, has no sales tax to buyers, from anywhere.

I only get my cameras from that guy in the grey panel van in a dark alley.

I've bought my last 3 of 4 DSLRs from BestBuy.
Not the cheapest, but you get it right then. :)

Most reactions

Back