Best Place to find work

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for the best place to find work. I have tried craigslist but most of the people are scammers or do not want to pay. Usually its some girl saying I need photos so I can model and you keep the photos for your portfolio. I was wondering if there is some other place that is legitimate to help out photographers.

ive had nothing but good experiences on modelmayhem.

Maybe you shouldn't be asking where to find work...but instead asking how to bring the work to you.

Its all about Networking my friend.

1. if you are not on facebook. JOIN NOW. there is so many contact you can make thought that website. Believe me, IT WORKS. Peoples sees your pictures and friends of your friends sees pictures and then they schedule you for a photoshoot. you tag the people you just took pictures of and there you go! You just reached at least another 15 000 people directly depending on the person.

2. get a website

3. business cards.
They are cheap, and they stays in people pocket, wallet, purses and someday they will find them back.
you can even win free lunch at restaurants! :lmao:
4. model mayhem is really great depending on the area you live in.

5. offer free photoshoot to friends in your spare time. They will showcase your pictures to other people and if they like it. it will bring business.

Some people will say, ohh dont work for free or you should get paid to do what you do. see free session has free advertisement and good learning experience. You want to start a business and make money out of it? you have to put your own time into it and sometime work for free. Its the case in every business.

6. I got a few contract through kijiji, why not? Its free advertisement.

its all about networking and promoting yourself.

Last edited:
figure out what market your going after, and figure out where they spend their free time and where they shop and use that to your advantage.

im still trying to figure this out myself. : )

i want to get into motorsports and sports. i have a pashion for the sport and a pashion for photography so i figured why not combine the two of them together.

i want to get into motorsports and sports. i have a pashion for the sport and a pashion for photography so i figured why not combine the two of them together.

Go to events, take some shot, try to talk to people who work there.

I went to a drag race track once, spoke with the owner of the place. I showed him some shot i took and he was going to give me a part time job on weekends but i didnt really had the time to be there every weekend so i had to say no. He still calls me for big events

Most reactions

Back