Best place to get film shipped & developed?

ansparks91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

Am wondering if any of you ship your film out to get developed/scanned and if so, where are some of the best places? I want to get my negatives returned and also if they are able to Dropbox the scans that would be awesome.

Thanks!

A

I use Dwayne's without issue.

I use my local camera store for color, and do all my own b&w.

If you live in the UK or Europe one of the best is just a short walk for me (I only send colour film do all my B+W)
UK film Lab

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I always did my own. Lots of people use Tinyprints, their owner; Shutterfly and a main competitor, District Photo.
Those are the biggest, there's also HPs holding, Snapfish.

Per Shutterfly: "Please note that we do not offer 35mm film processing or other film developing services."
Tinyprints search function doesn't even know what film developing is. No listing on the site.
District Photo also does not appear to do film developing.
Snapfish: No film developing.

OP. Not sure if this will help or not but I go local to Douglas Photographic Imaging. douglas photographic imaging They have always done an excellent job plus they have darkrooms that they rent out if you want to print your own.

Per Shutterfly: "Please note that we do not offer 35mm film processing or other film developing services."
Tinyprints search function doesn't even know what film developing is. No listing on the site.

OP. Not sure if this will help or not but I go local to Douglas Photographic Imaging. douglas photographic imaging They have always done an excellent job plus they have darkrooms that they rent out if you want to print your own.

Thanks for doing the legwork. Beat me to it. That would be awesome to have such capable labs nearby!

Thanks for doing the legwork. Beat me to it. That would be awesome to have such capable labs nearby!
No problem, I haven't used any of those services but I didn't think they did developing.

Douglas Photographic does take mailed in film, but to be honest, I would compare prices. I suspect that they are going to be on the upper end of the price scale due to their size compared to others more well known.

Prices for Schiller's Camera in St. Louis. www.schillers.com

C-41 Dev 35mm,120,220 $7.00 (Noritzu V-50 control strip monitored)
BW Dev 35mm,120 $8.00 (done by hand by me in steel tank/reel using T-Max)
CD scan $4.95 (scanned with Noritzu 1800 series scanner yields a 18mb file) or $15 yields a 80mb file)
We do offer mail in and drop box service for you scans. and yes we give back your negs.

A film developing service I do business with is TheDarkroom.com. They process all types of film, scan them in and upload the images to their web site where you can download the scanned images. They also send you a CD with the image files and return the negatives. There are 3 levels of scanning too. Prints are available too if desired.

Develop it yourself, that's why you use film, for the hands on control of it all.
Have you looked at Yorkphoto? I am not sure if they still do or not, they used to. A lot of the ones that did before don't anymore, so double check, film is on the way out unfortunately.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back