Best places for learning Lightroom

SpartanGTR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been using Lightroom for a while, but my edits just aren't up to snuff from what I see other people doing. I've done some Lightroom courses through Lynda/Kelbyone, but those are more of a technical overview of all the functions in lightroom, not necessarily how to get the best out of your photos.

What are some good sites for tutorials/walk throughs? I'm more of a see by doing, I'd rather see a before and after shot, then have someone show me how they got there with some explanation along the way.

The Scott Kelby BOOKS on Lightroom are popular: I in fact, checked one out at the library last week.

I have watched quite a few You Tube videos about Lightroom. I just have to remember that the effects those videographers produce aren't necessarily the same effects I want to produce. But they do help me see what tools and features do.

Jim

Maybe look for a class with a local college or photographer etc.

For example, I teach a Lightroom class HERE

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you want to learn how to use the application and tolls within it, or how to "better your images in post processing" ? - I think these are different.

What are some good sites for tutorials/walk throughs? I'm more of a see by doing, I'd rather see a before and after shot, then have someone show me how they got there with some explanation along the way.

Laura Shoe has an excellent, comprehensive Lightroom course Lightroom and Photoshop Tutorials, Tips and Training by Laura Shoe Youtube is a great resource, especially Serge Ramelli and Anthony Morganti, and Laura Shoe has some there as well. I've also started a free Lightroom tutorial series for beginners on YouTube - ValeriesPhotoChannel - YouTube

I second the Kelby training and books recommendation. I would also suggest you check out some presets. They can give your processing a boost and then you can adjust things to your preferences from there...

Do you want to learn how to use the application and tolls within it, or how to "better your images in post processing" ? - I think these are different.

Good point. I think I'd be more interested in the latter, how to better images in post processing. The technicalities of what things are in Lightroom and how they work are easy to pick up quickly.

What about checking Meetup for Adobe/LR groups?

FYI Laura is having a Black Friday sale and you can save $100 off an annual Kelbyone membership which is bundled with the Nik software suite.

Most reactions

Back