Best point n shoot for max 250$

dhawald3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well the priority is good IQ

and a wide angle lense will be an advantage.

I have see the cameras from panasonic with wide lens.

please suggest good ones from nikon or canon.

and a wide angle lense will be an advantage.

On a P&S? Hrmmmmm -

Anyway - New or Used?

I would recommend the canon G series. you might be able to get a used g7 or g6 for that much....they are great cameras, with hot shoe and RAW capabilities

I was going to recommend the G-series camera, but the cost may well be out of the price range unless she gets lucky on CL or maybe eBay.

I agree with Domromer, I have heard only great things about the A570. My sister is getting one for christmas, Shh, don't tell her.:wink:

But the top of the list is the G-series, if its within you budget.

I would recommend the canon G series. you might be able to get a used g7 or g6 for that much....they are great cameras, with hot shoe and RAW capabilities

Not sure, But I dont think that they added RAW until the G9.

Actually I think the G6 had RAW and It was removed from the G7, then brought back for the G9.

yeah they did remove it from the G7, so I would get the G6 because it is a nice capability to have

I have a Canon A710 IS that I really like, it (or its replacement which I believe is the A720 IS) are in your price range.

I really liked my S3 IS. A lot of zoom, awesome pictures, pretty fast performance, completely manual. I think you can get it for a little over $250 now that the S5 came out, not sure though. Anyway...I thought it was a great camera for a beginner like me.

i have a kodak c653...

well under 250

and a ton of manual settings...

Canon Powershot SD870 is pretty nice p n s, stylish and the pictures come out pretty nice. I use mine for when I go parties and stuff like that because it's small.

Another vote for the S3 IS.. Great camera great quality photos

Most reactions

New Topics

Back