Best Point & Shoot with AEB (multi exposure bracketing) under $ 300?? or Cannon CHDK?

serious4321

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, i love taking multiple exposure shots and merge them into HDR.. And looking for a cheap Point & Shoot/Compact to carry around..
mostly i'll be shooting Landscapes (sunsets etc)
Since i'll be getting a new DSLR by next year, i dont wish to invest too much into a P&S.

Questions:
1) So plz suggest some good models with AEB in-built, any brand will do. (Budget: $ 200-300)

Edit: i read somewhere that u can turn on AEB in your Cannon P&S using CHDK (Cannon Hack).
2) how good are the results using CHDK?
3) If results are acceptable, which $ 200-300 Cannon would u recommend??

Thanking you in advance :wink:

The Fuji x10 does but it's a lot more than you want to spend.

It is a great point and shoot with tons of features. Full manual, raw and bracketing to name a few. I take it almost everywhere when a dslr is too big to lug around.

Hey guys, i love taking multiple exposure shots and merge them into HDR.. And looking for a cheap Point & Shoot/Compact to carry around..
mostly i'll be shooting Landscapes (sunsets etc)
Since i'll be getting a new DSLR by next year, i dont wish to invest too much into a P&S.

Questions:
1) So plz suggest some good models with AEB in-built, any brand will do. (Budget: $ 200-300)

Edit: i read somewhere that u can turn on AEB in your Cannon P&S using CHDK (Cannon Hack).
2) how good are the results using CHDK?
3) If results are acceptable, which $ 200-300 Cannon would u recommend??

Thanking you in advance :wink:
CHDK is cool. It enables raw. Get a tripod and take 3 raw shots +/-. You can use the tripod later on with your DSLR.

CHDK is cool. It enables raw. Get a tripod and take 3 raw shots +/-. You can use the tripod later on with your DSLR.

Thank You.. Do you have any particular Cannon in mind under $300??

Most reactions

Back