BEST PROOFING SOLUTION YOU USE/HAVE FOUND????

justinerickson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys,

brand new here but i wanted to swing in and see what everyone was using to proof photos? i mostly shoot weddings (and have for the last half decade) but i'm also doing quite a bit of high school senior and child/family stuff and i'm looking for an efficient way of displaying my images for my clients online for them to view, especially for the portrait sessions i've been shooting more of recently.

i've done a ton of research over the years but haven't ever found anything that's exactly what i want. i've checked out the usual suspects like pictage, smugmug, zenfolio and some others...i'm just not overly impressed with any of them.

how are you guys proofing your images? also, does anyone know anything about boomerangproof.com?

let's have it! can't wait to hear your input and hopefully get some fresh ideas.

I would like to know this as well! I use portfoliositez and I'm sorry but their proofing is horrible.

we use smugmug and have been very happy with it. its one of the pricier webpage/hosting/proofing sites, but you really get a lot for the money.
as far as online proofing goes, we try NOT to do it if the clients are in town. in person proofing seems to work much better.
what online proofing HAS been good for (for us anyway) is for weddings where family members fly in for it, then immediately leave. they can still purchase pictures for a while on an online gallery. sometimes theres family members out of state or even out of country that have used our smugmug page for purchasing photos. other than that, we try to do as much as possible IN PERSON.

shootproof.com

BEST PROOFING SOLUTION YOU USE/HAVE FOUND????
In person.
Yep, although for some reason some of my clients feel bird-dogged or rushed in person and perfer the web gallery. For me i coded my own website's proofing system.
If they really feel that way when selling in person, you're doing something wrong. By using a web gallery, you're leaving some serious money on the table.

They way you can tell when you have in person selling right is when your happiest clients are the ones that pay the most. The customers that pay the least will never be happy, regardless how you do it. Those people figure they somehow got screwed no matter how good a deal they got.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back