Best Reasonably Priced UWA zoom for FF?

GreggS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blue-line-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all- Just upgraded from a crop sensor (T2i) to FF (5D Mk II) and am looking for a good, reasonably (<$1000) priced UWA lens. Any suggestions?

What focal length do you need

HERE YA GO!

4.5mm

4931306450_9648ecddac_o.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have to get one of these C-mount lenses! They just look like so much fun.

17-40 is reasonably priced.

It was fun. I just borrowed it. Haven't justified the cost/fun. It'll be either that lens, or the that Macro 65mm moster.

I second the 17-40. Not quite the 16-35, but it is still a pretty good lens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I've taken a look at the Tokina 16-28 and the Canon 17-40 L. They're options...but I'd like to still find something designed for a FF Canon EOS that is a zoom, starting around 10-12mm. Anyone know of anything like that? If so...I'm having trouble finding it.

I don't believe there is a ff zoom starting at 10. Some say the tokina 11-16 will work but has mad vignetting until 12 or 13 or so. The 17-40 will give approx same view as you old tammy 10-24 when mounted on a ff

I don't believe there is a ff zoom starting at 10. Some say the tokina 11-16 will work but has mad vignetting until 12 or 13 or so. The 17-40 will give approx same view as you old tammy 10-24 when mounted on a ff

Thanks jaomul. In the time since I last posted a few minutes ago, I've come to the same conclusion. Am currently surfing eBay for a good deal on the 17-40.

I've taken a look at the Tokina 16-28 and the Canon 17-40 L. They're options...but I'd like to still find something designed for a FF Canon EOS that is a zoom, starting around 10-12mm. Anyone know of anything like that? If so...I'm having trouble finding it.

All EF lenses are designed for full-frame. 16mm on a full-frame is equivalent to 10mm on APS-C. Any full-frame lens you see under 14mm is going to be a fisheye (like the Canon 8-15).

Most reactions

Back