Best Rebel deal?

MtnDwGrl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just learned how to use a Canon Rebel last year in school and I really enjoyed taking photos as well as editing them. So I asked for a camera for Christmas and I'm having a little difficulty finding the best deal. I'm basically confused between these two:

Walmart.com: Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18MP DSLR Camera w/ 18-55mm IS Lens Plus Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Optical Image Stabilizer Telephoto Zoom Lens (2044B0020) Bundle: Digital Cameras

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS Rebel T2i EF-S 18-55mm IS Kit

At first, it looked like the one on Canon's site was cheaper but when I looked closer, it looked like Wal Mart is selling the camera and lens plus another lens. If so, is the Wal Mart deal better? I don't know a whole lot about lens and whatnot, I'm still a newbie and I don't want to get ripped off thinking I'm getting something great when I'm not. Any advice would be appreciated!

Just FYI: The one on Canon's site is going for $863.99 after you figure in shipping (free), taxes ($63.99), and the rebate (-$100). The one being sold by Wal Mart comes to $1,005.94, the tax being $56.94 and the shipping free.

4 hours, 24 views, and no opinion? =/

It seems like the only difference (besides the prices, obviously) are the lens but is it worth the price difference or not? We already paid for the one offered by Canon but I think it's still possible to cancel if it wasn't the best deal.

that second lens is worth about 200-250 bucks. I bought my Nikon D40 with those two lenses (well, Nikon 18-55 and 55-200mm VR) for 510 bucks a couple of years ago. Just to give some perspective. B&H include that second lens for me for an extra $100 buck. Check out Amazon, Adorama, B&H too see if they have better pricing. That Walmart look okay at best.

Most reactions

Back