Best Shots from the Garlyn Zoo

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there. I'm not sure if zoo posts pictures are popular, and in most of these the cage detracts (rather than adds) from the image, but I thought I'd share some of my best and see what you think. C&C welcome.

$DSC_0477-2.JPG

$DSC_0547-2.JPG

$DSC_0533-2.JPG

Thanks!

Dang, I've never had to bump more than twice - any C&C?? Sorry, I'm desperate for improvement!

Get closer to the cage and choose a wider aperture...that should help with the cage.

What Juga said. I shoot at zoos a lot and have to shoot through wire and cages each time. That is the key to making them disappear. Right against the wire with the widest aperture you can get by with.

Straighten #2 and the animal's expression is interesting. Can't get past the cage in #1 though

dsc_0547-2.jpg

I can understand not wanting the cage to be in the way if it's a shot that will be ruined by the cage. I think that the ostrich picture would have been better with no hint of cage. But quite honestly, I think the cage makes the monkey picture more interesting. The look on the monkey's face plus the fact that he (or she?) is behind bars...that tells a story and it's interesting. It feels like a moment was captured rather than just an image of a captured animal.

What Juga said. I shoot at zoos a lot and have to shoot through wire and cages each time. That is the key to making them disappear. Right against the wire with the widest aperture you can get by with.

Straighten #2 and the animal's expression is interesting. Can't get past the cage in #1 though

dsc_0547-2.jpg

Little guy's looking pretty darn distorted there. I like the cage in this and the 1st one though. Last one not too crazy about, should have gotten closer.

Agreed. The cage is too important in shots 1 and 2, and I feel like they add something. Especially in 2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back