Best solution for using Flash + Strobes

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's the best option? I really like Cyber Commander from Paul C Buff but issue with that is if I have that on my hot shoe then I cannot attach the flash. What's the best way to go? This would eliminate my problem if I had another 5D where I could attach my flash to and use 2nd camera with triggers to light up the room for candid shots.

So basically I want to have the option to use on camera flash (bounced) so I can take group pictures. Also have the power to go around and take candid shots and use my strobes which will be set up in different areas of the room.

Does canon have a master and slave setting for flashes? Nikon's CLS system allows some flashes to be "master" flashes, basically on-camera flashes that fire and trigger other "slave" (remote) flashes. The master flash can be set to contribute to the exposure... or just trigger other flashes. It can also be done with the pop up flash. I think the 7D has this feature, if I remember correctly.

Does canon have a master and slave setting for flashes? Nikon's CLS system allows some flashes to be "master" flashes, basically on-camera flashes that fire and trigger other "slave" (remote) flashes. The master flash can be set to contribute to the exposure... or just trigger other flashes. It can also be done with the pop up flash. I think the 7D has this feature, if I remember correctly.

it's a bit tricky. not like nikons. it will only work from one canon to another canon speedlite. but I'm looking to work my speedlite with my strobes (studio strobes)

Have you looked into Pocket Wizard FlexTT5's? There's a hotshoe on the transceiver and it's compatible with other PW systems. It'll TTL your speedlites off camera as well. I'm waiting for the Nikon version to come out next month. There are some knockoffs on ebay as well. Check out the Cowboy triggers.

I was using My on board flash on my 500D a couple of weeks ago to trigger Bowens flash units.does your flash heads not have a flash/light reciever thing?

Dude, hook a cheap optical trigger to your strobes and just trigger them with the on camera flash. PW's work too, but its way more expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back