best speed film for shooting motorcycles on the track

tomskichick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering what speed film would be the best film for shooting motorcycles on the track?

my best friend is riding on friday and i not sure what speed film will get me a still shot comming through a turn or straight away. i dont think 800 speed will be fast enough, since in some of the turns he will be going around at 80mph.

can anyone give me any suggestions?

thanks so much

oh also my camera is a canon EOS3, so if there are any setting that might help out to can you let me know

When I shoot motorsports, I shoot with my d200 at 100iso around 1/100-1/200 sec. shutter priority to give the cars' wheels and background some motion blur. If you shoot too fast, you'll lose the feeling of movement when the wheels and background are frozen.

If I were shooting film I'd probably go with 200 speed. Or you could use 400 and put a nd or polarizer filter on to drop the shutter speed down, that way if it gets cloudy you can take the filter off and still have some film speed to work with.

how fast is your glass? If you are using some type of f/2.8 or faster lens then you could shoot with just about anything you want. If you are using a zoom to the tune of f/4-5.6 then you could probably still go with 100 on a sunny day or 800 on a porrly lit day. I'd take a few rolls of 100, 400 and 800 to cover your bases. If you don't use it all, you probably will eventually anyway.

hey everyone thanks for the help

i ended up first using some black and white 400 speed that i pushed to 800 speed for a few shots then i used 800 speed in color that i also pushed to 1000 speed for a few shots

I'm going to get them developed tonight, i wish my school had a good dark room and developing system set up because I rather do it myself then have Walmart handle my film. I would normally have Photo Source in Houston develop them but I would have to ship the film over night since I'm in east Texas at the moment. If they come out good i will post a few of them.

Again thanks for all the help everyone

i ended up first using some black and white 400 speed that i pushed to 800 speed for a few shots then i used 800 speed in color that i also pushed to 1000 speed for a few shots

So you shot 800 speed and 1000 speed on the same roll? :scratch:

edit: Nevermind.. re-read it and it made sense.. heh..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back