Best Telephoto lens converters for Canon sx40

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is that you would prefer to spend money to get a lower quality end result than you would if you spent your time to improve your photography skills and learn a different method to achieve the same thing?
You should have said that right off the hop so he didn't waste his time.

He basically snubbed Big Mike, a well respected photographer and photography teacher and board moderator.

I seek ways to increase my Canon sx40 optical zoom. At the moment I'm thinking on getting the Raynox 2020/5 x2.2 lens but I have two questions:

1 - Can the Canon sx40 handle the weight of such lens?
2 - Are there better alternatives?

Thanks. This is my first post.
Greetings to everyone!

So what you are saying is that you would prefer to spend money to get a lower quality end result than you would if you spent your time to improve your photography skills and learn a different method to achieve the same thing?

He basically snubbed Big Mike, a well respected photographer and photography teacher and board moderator.

Yep not very smart around here lol
I guess he didn't really mean the bolded part or has more money than....

Ok... It's best if I just share my thoughts with all you (I hate having secrets and undesirable feelings that can change my mood).

I understand that every single of you are just trying to help me by saying anything that could lead me to make the best choice, even if it gets off topic (slightly or not). I fully understand that.
I knew there was a good chance of my thread's topic could lead to off topic arguments, because I examined some of the threads in various sections of this forum before registering to measure the maturity and experience level of its users and how they tend to react when giving away their opinions in subjects they believe to be deeply experienced with. There are many users here with a good deal of experience in photography within a wide age group. So I can say I saw this coming. But sometimes getting off topic might not be the best approach. Sometimes is just best to stay close to the subject as possible.

My first response was from RailphotoG asking myself if I would really want to extend my camera's zoom capacity since for him 840mm on his sx30 was quite enough.
Then I got another post from the same user suggesting me to do the obvious. The time I would research the web for a photography forum and to register on it would be more than enough to drop a line at youtube asking about what I did over here.
The second user, Destin, suggested me something that I only realized after his second post it would be impossible to do since it was related to a DSLR camera. I did mentioned I owned a bridge SX40.
Big Mike is was the third user. He gave away a tip (that I honestly believe everyone is familiar with) which unfortunately was not connected with the thread's topic.
Warkw was next, the with a huge post count. He needed to make a statement and the biggest one, like a moderator, trying to convince me that cropping is somehow related to the "Best Telephoto lens converters for Canon sx40" and that the previous post was within topic boundaries. And finally we have DiscoJoe, reinforcing the idea of Big Mike.

So it is clear that no one was in topic. And the proof of that is that my topic remains to be answered. I really don't care about image quality or cropping, all I care is knowing what telephoto lens are there, which ones can be used in sx40 and what would be the best one. If you don't have the answer for this simply don't post anything. It will save everyone's time. Whenever you see a thread created by Endorya, please make sure your arguments are connected to the thread itself. That is, if you are willing to say anything, naturally. I will thank you in both cases.

I hope I didn't cause any hard feelings simply by opening my mind with you.

Well, lets play sarcasm then.

What I really want is this: "Best telephoto lens converters for Canon sx40" <- Notice the bold. Strangely this is also in the threads topic. If you have any doubts e-mail me.

DiskoJoe said:
You still dont get it.

I got it. I work with digital image software since 1990, I know exactly what image quality I can get from a digital photo, dispiting of its format (RAW included), massive size, applyable filters, bit depth and resize methods in well known image processors. I understood what he meant in his first post. Maybe you didn't understand what I said. But at least I'm saying maybe, not assuming for sure.

Last edited:

Did I? He is? Damn I'm really brave then. Thanks for you off topic post.

Last edited:
I have no doubts about your thread title but I'm starting to wonder if you are a troll.

Let's play niceish for a minute. Is there a specific reason you want to purchase a telephoto lens converter for Canon sx40 that makes the quality of the end result and possible damage to your Canon sx40 irrelevant?

I seek ways to increase my Canon sx40 optical zoom. At the moment I'm thinking on getting the Raynox 2020/5 x2.2 lens but I have two questions:

Greetings to everyone!

So basically this thread gets now more posts out of gossip than actually substance. A smart thing to do indeed.

Greetings to everyone!

So basically this thread gets now more posts out of gossip than actually substance. A smart thing to do indeed.

No wait! you should have refreshed, my last post was relevant and on topic....

I have no doubts about your thread title but I'm starting to wonder if you are a troll.

Let's play niceish for a minute. Is there a specific reason you want to purchase a telephoto lens converter for Canon sx40 that makes the quality of the end result and possible damage to your Canon sx40 irrelevant?

Nevermind PixelRabbit. This thread is getting into a playground and I'm too big to play with its toys. It is best if I just walk away from the forum. I don't have the time and patience for trying to figure out what can I say and what I cannot say in this place without having to deal with people being emontionally disturbed by it.

Last edited:
I've closed this thread...it seemed to be going nowhere, fast.

For the record, I don't feel 'snubbed'. My response was off-topic and if that's what the the OP wasn't looking for, then they are free to ignore my comment.

In my opinion, the problem (as an analogy) is that the OP seems intent on reinventing the wheel. Some of the well intentioned members offered suggestions on ways to use a wheel, but the OP only wanted to talk about reinventing it.

As usual, I'm sure it comes down to a lack of good communication that often arises when people are 'talking' but not face to face.

Lets all just move on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back