Best Tripod under $200

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I'm getting more into HDR, and I'm really starting to like composite portraits. Which means that my $100 manfrotto tripod is no longer stable enough. It's simply too lightweight, and is easy to bump.

I really need the most stable tripod+head I can get for $200. I know that's not alot to work with, But I'm not concerned with weight here. It can weigh 40 pounds, it just needs to hold my camera rock steady. I'd like to stick with a manfrotto head because I already have 5 QR plates for it, and they work on my monopod head too..

do you like the head on your current tripod? If you think it's just that your tripod isn't stable enough, but the head is solid, you could put it all into a $200 tripod.

You could also try weighting your tripod down with a camerabag.

Maybe you could just weight your present tripod with sandbags to make it more stable?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the specific model of tripod that you have? A decent set of legs should have hook and, as said above, allow you to hang weights from it to increase stability; with the added bonus that you can use rocks or your camera bag when you get on site so you don't have to carry additional weight.

Also what is the tripod head(s) that you currently have - you might find a more stable and secure tripod head might be what you need.

Going from a $100 tripod to a $200 tripod, likely won't get you what you want. As mentioned, you're better off doing something to make your current tripod as stable as possible.

My current tripod is one of the cheap manfrotto ones sold at best buy. Rated to hold like 8 pounds, the head is not removable. If I weigh it down, the legs bend, or it starts to collapse (weak leg locks).

I'm willing to buy used. It doesn't gotta be pretty, it's just gotta get the job done. I need both legs, and a head.

I just found a Bogen 3021 leg set with 3055 head (different QR plate than I have though..), for $200 on my local craigslist. Any input?

Most reactions

Back