Best value wide angle?

zamanakhan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to find out what all the rage is about with wide angle lenses and have been considering an affordable wide angle zoom for my d5000. i have a hard time justifying an $900 dx only lens so i am thinking of goin with off brand (i stick to nikon only lenses, just buy the fx ones.) I want something that will AF with the d5000 so built in motor is important. i was thinking of the sigma but kenrockwell has shown that its a bit softer and harder to correct distortion even with a dxo module. I was actually considering the 10.5 fisheye and correcting using dxo but found that it doesnt af with my camera so its no good to me. I dont mind prime or zoom, altho if its a prime i would prefer it to be on a really wide end soemthing wider than 14mm. Suggestions?

IMO, the best value for a super-wide lens for an APS-C camera is the Tokina 11-16 f 2.8.

yea i've been told many times over that that is the lens to get but it does not have a built in focus motor so i loose out on AF although i did consider this lens but i often shoot with a speed light off camera in hand and would like for the lens to af on its own.

At those focal lengths, your DoF is great enough that manual focusing is at worst, a minor annoyance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back