Best Wide Angle Lens

IceBeat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well today I'm going to be getting my Canon 60D along with a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens, and I was thinking of getting a wide angel lens too.
What I realized is that I'm also going to need a wide-angle lens, and one that does well in low light since I'm going to shoot low-light indoors as well as night landscapes. Money Isn't really an issue as long as the lens is worth what I'm paying for. (I'm a canon shooter btw, if that wasn't clear yet)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your Canon 17-55mm lens is a already wide-angle lens that does well in low light. (i.e. 17mm~)

Are you looking for Ultra-wide angle? Maybe EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 or the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Take a look at this comparison
Juza Nature Photography - Sigma, Canon, Tamron and Tokina APS-C Wide-Angles

By the way, night landscapes type shots may not need a fast lens, you need a tripod instead.

Yes I actually meant an Ultra-wide angle lens.
Looking at the compared lenses, to me it seems that either the Tokina 11-16mm, or the Canon 10-22mm.

Well, I always thought you need a higher aperture for low light situation inorder to let more light in?

........Well, I always thought you need a higher aperture for low light situation inorder to let more light in?

The smaller the f/number, the more light it allows through and results in better low-light performance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back