Best zoom for money Canon Rebel XT Digital

isobar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon Rebel XT digital and want to take some great pictures at Walt Disney World especially at night. I am not rich, so what lens specifically is best for this type shooting? Remember I am a newby so you must be specific, ie Catalog number or something like that to make sure I get the right one. Thanks in advance.

do you have a tripod? Any lens will be ok for night shots if they are on a tripod. How much zoom are you looking for? what is your budget?

how long do you need it is my first question...can't really suggest something if we dono how long you need.

I would suggest the 70-200mm F4.0L though as a general purpose zoom. GREAT quality, and a not too expensive price.

If you aren't into spending that much though...perhaps the sigma 70-300...and you get even farther reach.

Do get a tripod though if you are serious about nighttime.

You didn't really tell what type of zoom though...so maybe you're doing other types of photography like portraits or something...in which case you should look into a 50mm 1.8 as a very cheap alternative (without zoom) which will get you magnificent pictures, as well as being super fast for low light situations.

I do have a tripod. As for the length, there again I am completely clueless.:lmao: In all seriousness I would like to be able to stand at the bottom of cinderella castle and take a picture close up of tinkerbell as she flies from the top.

I do have a tripod. As for the length, there again I am completely clueless.:lmao: In all seriousness I would like to be able to stand at the bottom of cinderella castle and take a picture close up of tinkerbell as she flies from the top.

If this is at night there wont be much in the inexpensive (< $500)telephoto range that will catch action shots in the dark. if this is during the day, along with a tripod the EF 75-300 III is very affordable. If you want to step it up a little, the 70-200f4L is an excellent lens and will give you some great shots. The nifty fifty is another affordable fast lens, ef 50mm f1.8. its fixed at 50mm but will be better for low light shots.

Most reactions

Back