Better Barred Owl

AIRIC said:
Thanks, its a passion.

Eric

Where do you go to find them? And do you have a HUGE lens? (if that's not too personal) to get such closeup shots? I've only ever seen a few owls in the wild, and they've been fairly far away. A Great Grey supposedly visits a friend's place regularly in Newcastle, but I haven't had the fortune to be there when it's around.

This Owl is at Lyndeshore in Whitby. It is about the only Owl I have ever seen that is really easy to get close to. If you venture out this way drive south on Halls Rd towards the lake and he usually hunts along the side of the road. These were taken with a 80-400 lens but you do not need a long lens for him as you can get pretty close.

Eric

AIRIC said:
This Owl is at Lyndeshore in Whitby. It is about the only Owl I have ever seen that is really easy to get close to. If you venture out this way drive south on Halls Rd towards the lake and he usually hunts along the side of the road. These were taken with a 80-400 lens but you do not need a long lens for him as you can get pretty close.

Eric

Oops, hadn't checked back on this thread for a few days. Thanks for the info on where to find the owl. I will indeed at some point head out there.

AIRIC said:

Eric

He still around there bro? I may go tomorrow to get some shots if so. When' the best time?

Hey guys. I saw him on Saturday afternoon so he is still there. Down Halls Rd. If you see any photogs around ask them as someone always knows where he is.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back