Better Beamer 101... oops

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I got back in my car, I remembered the warnings I had read about not leaving the fresnel lens in direct sunlight because it could.... oops..

So I bet I have the first Meike MK910 with a big burn hole in the front...

Oops
How long did that take?

Oops is right. Other than that, what do you think of the Better Beamer? The only way I've used mine is on camera, with less than stellar results. The bird version of red eye is ugly with no simple solution that I know of.

Oops
How long did that take?
I'm not sure when it happened, I made several stops today and was out of my car for various amounts of time. I did keep wondering why my car smelled like burning plastic though :(

Oops is right. Other than that, what do you think of the Better Beamer? The only way I've used mine is on camera, with less than stellar results. The bird version of red eye is ugly with no simple solution that I know of.
I haven't gotten the hang of it either. Today was the first time I really attempted to use it. I managed to get red eye with no other light on a few birds. Nothing like a red-eyed silhouette lol. I know many people use them. I think they key is a flash bracket, but I'm not sure I want to add that much more weight. I got an external battery pack for my flash too, so that was in a jacket pocket. It gets kind of weird and goofy with the extra wire and the weight...

Have you thought about using a rifle stock rig?

They make a lightweight monopod for rifles with a Y top that the forearm rests on that works pretty well. I've even used one with a long lens with success.

If you already have a monopod here's a yolk attachment. Amazon.com: V-Yoke Attachment with Camera thread for Monopod shooting stick: Sports & Outdoors

and if not Amazon.com: Extreme Deluxe Hunting Shooting Gun Pod Height Adjustable Collapsible & Shock Absorbing Stick Monopod Telescopic Kit With Integrated Camera Mount (29" - 63" ): Sports & Outdoors

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Trying to figure out how that could possibly be better than a gimbal or a even 3-way head...

Trying to figure out how that could possibly be better than a gimbal or a even 3-way head...

# 1 - it's alot cheaper
# 2 - see # 1

though I don't have one
I just use my monopod or handhold.

actually, the more I think about it, the more I could see it working...but I'd like it to be stationary.

I only shoot handheld.. pods slow me down to much when I go running through the woods and marshes...

Most reactions

Back