Better Butterfly

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This Yellow Swallow Tail is one of my favorites. I have had a few comments from friends that the leaves seem washed out, but it actually the bush the butterfly was on. Russian Olives tend to be greyish.

Let me know what you think.
YellowSwallowTail.jpg

Just a couple of very minor changes might make this photo stand out even more, such as going down in overall luminosity, increasing contrast and just adding a tiny bit of colour intensity. This is what every scanning/image programme has on offer and no complicated photoshop is required.

Do you mind if I show you my idea? Hope not. Here it is:

Micatlady_YellowSwallowTail_mychange.jpg

Nice! I don't mind. The original looks more like my scan. The leaves of that plant are grayer and I had 800 in the camera but couldn't resist shooting in the bright sun so the film washed the colors out a little too. I'm a little weird about adjusting my photos. When I scan them I try to get it as close to the original as possible rather than making changes - call me weird. I do like your version though it is much richer.

Pale version or rich version: you were lucky to get this close to the butterfly. With me they tease me and tease me. Sit down, I approach, off they go. But this is what ALL the wild animals do to me. I just do not understand how some can get as close as to almost get their own reflection in the animals eye...! I have only so far achieved that with a very tame and curious horse that came to the fence and obviously LIKED to get its photo taken...

LaFoto - they were landing on us that day! They like the salt from sweat. I was leaning against a fence and just looked up there he was. Now those people with the awesome bird shots kill me.

Well, then go to look at the thread that I started for you with this butterfly that only just TEASED me to no end (by flying off any time I was ready with my camera at last).

that is just a heck of a shot... love it...couldnt you see it framed in a little girls room..or even in a garden room? awesome shot....both of them have merit..but for some reason, i just dig the original.......

good job!

I could see it in a little girls room. I might frame one up for mom for Christmas, she has a yellow kitchen. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice work on this one. I agree...it should be framed and on a wall.

Most reactions

Back