Better Living through Chemistry, DuPont version

CanonJim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Alexis I DuPont Middle School, just outside of Wilmington, DE (where else?...)

This is from a single Canon raw file cooked just a little bit in the HDR tool of their DPP software. Comments?

Attachments

• $AI Dupont Middle School - small.JPG
    $AI Dupont Middle School - small.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 170
Too "Cooked"! ;)

Way too cooked. You can increase midtone contrast and microsharpness without making everything look so crispy. Also, you have some really bad noise in the sky, and haloing around the trees above the building.

There's some composition issues here with all the distracting elements in the foreground.

I like the overall feel of the image (and back in the day, I'd have KILLED to go to middle school at a place like this!), but it's not reaching its potential, IMO.

Technically speaking this is "tone mapped" not HDR. The bush (or whatever those sticks are) in the foreground take alot away from what could be a wonderful shot. I'm not familiar with the area but judging from what I see in this image, the other side of the fence might be a better place to shoot from.

Over cooked...must be why I also burn stuff on the grill...:mrgreen: I was just fooling with the HDR tool in DPP - it's not what I'd call "full featured", and I just saved it as a JPEG and cropped down for TPF.

Agree about the comp and bushes - I took this back in April and it was more or less a 'jump out of the car and snap a couple of shots' thing, trying not to get run over by the maniacal Delaware drivers. If I remember, it was not possible to get on the other side of the fence - it was there to keep the kids IN, since it bordered the athletic field, and the busy highway. I'm headed out that way tomorrow for a job so maybe I'll stop on the way home and try again...

Most reactions

Back