better upgrade?

I guess in reality, I will end up with both.. A FF body and the 70-200. Maybe the better question is which is a better first purchase....
It guess in reality it always comes down to budget.

Can you get a (new or used ) 6d and the Canon 70-200 together
or maybe the 6D and Tamron 70-200 for a little less
or 5dm3 and Canon or Tamron
it all comes down to money in the end.

Better upgrade? 5Dmkiii or Canon 70-200 f2.8 mkii? My current set up is in my signature..
As a rule of thumb I always go first for the camera and then lens but in this case I say first the lens simply because the 5D III is VERY long in the tooth and should be replaced soon.
Once the 5D IV comes out then get it.

I guess in reality, I will end up with both.. A FF body and the 70-200. Maybe the better question is which is a better first purchase....

And, doing all those portraits outside during the winter in Michigan because there is no room inside. :)

Better upgrade? 5Dmkiii or Canon 70-200 f2.8 mkii? My current set up is in my signature..
As a rule of thumb I always go first for the camera and then lens but in this case I say first the lens simply because the 5D III is VERY long in the tooth and should be replaced soon.

Yup, long in the tooth and probably won't work much longer. And probably won't be even more affordable once the whatever version comes out.

I wonder why people even bother to suggest used or replaced models.

And, doing all those portraits outside during the winter in Michigan because there is no room inside. :)
BOTH
I live next to a park.
So all the winter portraits are of the people standing on the snow covered home plate of the baseball diamond as I shoot from my kitchen window. :)

6d plus 70-200mm f4. I'd try to sell the siggy 18-250 and maybe get a siggy 18-35 f1.8 to give your 70d a better fighting chance in low light. That set up would be a good dual set up in my opinion

BOTH
I live next to a park.
So all the winter portraits are of the people standing on the snow covered home plate of the baseball diamond as I shoot from my kitchen window. :)

Oh shoot. Didn't cross my mind that you are there also. I should have known ;)

Yup, long in the tooth and probably won't work much longer. And probably won't be even more affordable once the whatever version comes out.

Just what I thought, my best camera is 33 years old and will still be going when his D750 is long gone

Same answer, but yeah, choosing to buy both is the best answer :)

Just what I thought, my best camera is 33 years old and will still be going when his D750 is long gone

That's good advice for a film camera, but digi? NOBODY but somebody who enjoys playing with antiques will be shooting any of today's digi cameras in 10 years, whereas these lenses may last a lifetime.

You know what I like about you Gary ?
You are very predictable, will always act in an offensive arogant and ignorent way, very predictable indeed.
In the past it touched me, now when you are acting in a nearly nice way I am surprise, nice to see your true self again mate, welcome back.

JacaRanda, may I ask what did I say so wrong that demanded such a response from you ?
I dont think the 5D III is a bad camera but I am a sucker of new technology, if I know a new model is going to come out soon I would never want an older model as good as it might be.
OP can choose what he/she wants, this is my look of things, I meant no disrespect to him/her or anyone else nor do I think my reply or resoning was disrespectful to get such a reply from you.

BOTH
I live next to a park.

Oh shoot. Didn't cross my mind that you are there also. I should have known ;)
Funniest thing is I've been asked a couple times by parents to get their kids baseball pictures of them at bat and hitting the ball.

The best vantage point I have is from my back porch or kitchen window.

Most reactions

Back