better upgrade?

I was at a Tigers game earlier this year.... Got one shot almost perfect of the ball coming off the bat.... Made me wish I had a higher fps burst on the 70D. So hard to get that shot.

I was at a Tigers game earlier this year.... Got one shot almost perfect of the ball coming off the bat.... Made me wish I had a higher fps burst on the 70D. So hard to get that shot.

Yuppers. Sometimes it's all about timing, but other times it's pure luck. More fps can certainly help with the luck part. Knowing the sport, knowing the play, expectation and all that helps. However, when an Avocet is mating and you want to get that split second wing position of the male - you can know it's happening all you want, but if that shutter doesn't flap like a hummingbird wing - Good Luck. Same thing with football. You may anticipate where a play is going, but do you anticipate a fumble and if the ball is in the air one frame or already on the ground in the next frame (or the ball is blocked by a player entering the frame) etc.

Good timing = good luck in many photos.

It also doesn't help when the player totally misses the ball and gets a strike / strikes out ...

To be fair 7fps is pretty respectable, not long ago the best of the best was barely faster

To be fair 7fps is pretty respectable, not long ago the best of the best was barely faster

From T3I to 60D to 70D, big difference.

Most reactions

Back