Betterscanning.com out of business?

Jeremy Lala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a ton of 120 film I'm ready to begin scanning on my Epson v750 PRO scanner and based on everything I've seen, using betterscanning.com's variable height scan mount is superior to Epson's mount or wet scanning directly on the scanner bed. Issue is I've been trying to contact betterscanning.com for over 3 months without a reply. Does anyone know if they are no longer operational?

Does anyone know of a good alternative?

Lastly, if anyone has one to sell, please contact me.

Thanks

superior to Epson's mount

Never heard that before. I have had no problems at all using the film holders that came with my Epson V700. Besides, Epson software has a focus position setting to set the height of the scan.

superior to Epson's mount

Never heard that before. I have had no problems at all using the film holders that came with my Epson V700. Besides, Epson software has a focus position setting to set the height of the scan.

Good comparison of various techniques by Nick Carver in the video below. He describes some of the sharpness and color fringing issues I'm trying to avoid. May be negligible for many images, but I'm aiming for the highest quality I can obtain (without a drum scanner) before scanning what will be quite a lot of film.

Interesting. I'm kinda lucky in the fact I work at a lab that uses a film scanner one notch down from a drum scan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back