Beverly Hills Street

YoungRebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks,

Today I post my first picture here...

Today on my way home I thought about driving through some streets in Berverly Hills.
Even if it was much colder than I hoped the sun was shining :)

I tried out my new 70-200mm f/4 L lens. I was a little in a hurry so I overlooked, that it looks a little blurry in the background...

But still think it kinda turned out nice...
(I'd wish the cars weren't there)

I'd love to hear comments and PLEASE give advices!!! :sexywink:

BeverlyHillsStreetExample.jpg

Thanks
Pat

I think it looks "snapshotty", to be honest. I like all those trees though.

I think it looks "snapshotty", to be honest. I like all those trees though.

'Cause of the angle, quality,lightning....?

The street itself is pretty boring, the trees and their formation just got my attention...

Well it just doesn't have much of a subject and it could use some post-processing at least. I dunno it just doesn't do much for me personally. The un-attractive cars, the overexposed blotches in the roads, it could use some work. Even then I don't think the subject is interesting.

Sorry that I'm being so negative, just trying to give you my thoughts.

no, i totally thank you for your honesty...

As I said, I was just passing by, wanted to try out my new lens and loved that street...

I did change the color-settings in Lightroom a little but everytime it came kinda back to the original because even if it might be over-exposed and like I said the cars are ennoying I totally loved the tree formation and the green-effects of the trees...couldn't change the fact that there were cars and blotches in the road...:)

IF you would have taken a pic of that street, what would you have done different though?

please add more, i love looking at pictures of Beverly Hills...

The pic itself lacks something, not too sure what or why but I do want to see more :)

Since you said its ok to edit your photos, I did some color correcting in lightroom to more my taste, which is adding more punch to the photo - which is the greenery and trees.

bhills.jpg

yeah, after comparing them 1:1 I know what you mean...
think I kinda had the scene too much in mind how I saw it when I shot it.
Maybe thats why I always came back to the bright settings...

But you're right- giving a bit more "punch" to it, makes a better impression on the photo...thanks!

BTW: Gotta be careful in Beverly Hills with my 70-200mm L lens...I do look like a Paparazzi with it...the police is kinda checkin those areas ;)

I just tried to figure out what kina parameters you changed in Lightroom, whatever I try it doesn't turn out like yours....

looks like a bit more yellow, def more black but still not over-saturated...
Maybe a tip for me? ;)

I am no pro in lightroom so dont want to be dishing out any "bad" advice.

I say go with what feels good to you, what you want the pic to look like.

I had to change quite a few of the settings for that pic, temp, tint, exposure, brightness, contrast and vibrance...

BTW, i agree on the cars. They add to the photo, without them the photo would really be missing something. I might have tried also cropping out/ or photoshopping out that first light pole head sticking out on the left.

i dont think the picture is bad, but it doesnt do anything for me

Most reactions

Back