BG-E2 Battery Grip users... 20D/30D

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone else use this grip? I got mine this morning... have to say... not massively impressed... feels a bit cheap and rattley if I'm honest...?

The bg-e3 I had on my 350D was cheaper and felt much sturdier, hmph. :(

Hmm, I am looking at purchasing this grip, so I'm very interested in people's opinions. I take it you bought a genuine one?

Rob

Yep its genuine Canon... its well designed in theory but something about it feels a little cheap in my hands.

There is a thin drop down plastic flap at the back where the 2xBP511/6xAA'a go... If you had some sort of accident whilst the flap was open it'd snap off.

Not sure what it is exactly, I just ebayed my bg-e3 and I'm certain the quality was better... it wasn't as fiddly putting the battery section back in though if anything I'd say it was heavier. I guess its possible Canon might have tried to make this grip quite light and in doing so have compromised quality a tad.

That said I'm still keeping it cos I need it... just slightly disappointed in its build quality,

i've heard that some are rather wobbly. mine's not bad, but it does feel cheaper than the body, partly because of its light weight. what's your serial number?

I have a BG-E2 on one of my 20Ds. It's definately made of plastic, but has survived 2 dozen weddings and numerous hikes. I don't have a lot of experience with verticle grips though. I've seen similar comments regarding the build quality posted before. I haven't had any problems. I did send mine back in when they recalled them early on, but that was just to upgrade electrica contacts as I understand.

Most reactions

Back