BG-E8 with Manfrotto 577

JS_280

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll go ahead and say this now..."I'm sorry!"

I have searched Google, here, other forums and haven't come up with an answer for this seemingly stupid question.

I am using a T3i with BG-E8 battery grip for some amatuer film work. I purchased the Manfrotto 577 quick release adapter/plate to mount on my shoulder rig. The problem that I'm running into is that the battery grip has a tripod mount, but no anti-rotation hole for the spring-loaded detent on the 577 plate. Because of this, the camera is free to rotate even when tightly screwed down. I know that I have to be doing something wrong...I just can't for the life of me figure out what. Feel free to make fun of me...but please let me know what I should do.

Many thanks!

JS

Joey_Ricard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I do not have any of my cameras with me this minute, all of which have grips, (canon versions) and I swear that non of them have the hole/slot. SO I see what you are saying from a video pan interest. You can certainly drill a small hole in the bottom (this is what I would do) if I HAD to have that. Otherwise, just tighten it up.

Depending on how thick the plastic is, I doubt it is more than 1/8 inch which is .125

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
The typical solution is an "anti-rotation plate" which is made to snug up to the the side of the camera or grip body. I found THIS ONE, but it's for an Arca Swiss QR mount, not Manfrotto.
Look around for a Manfrotto one or maybe swap your QR adapter for an Arca Swiss one.

Most reactions