BGE3 for canon

HASHASHIN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
is it worth its weight......or should i just put another battery in my pocket?

Im buying one for the simple fact that you can use the hand strap to hold the camera, something I really like doing, I hate the neck strap.

Also it makes the camera bigger and feel better in your hands, maybe even more stable. But if you have small hands it may not be worth it.

For the 120 bucks, im def getting it!

is it worth its weight......or should i just put another battery in my pocket?

I hated the grip on my 20D when I first got it. But I grew very quickly to love it!

the BG-E3 is nice on an XT. Weight and size much more comfortable (being able to shoot portrait mode is a big bonus)

i find that my camera is a bit heavy with a 430 flash and my 100 mm macro ...i guess another pound isnt gonna matter much....thanks guys

oh...and does it come with the hand strap?
i think im gonna go to j and r and check it out today....see how it feels...my hands are quite large..so the xti does feel a bit danty in my hands

i find that my camera is a bit heavy with a 430 flash and my 100 mm macro ...i guess another pound isnt gonna matter much....thanks guys

oh...and does it come with the hand strap?
i think im gonna go to j and r and check it out today....see how it feels...my hands are quite large..so the xti does feel a bit danty in my hands

The hand strap doesnt come with it, but its 20 bucks if that. I think once you put the grip on it will make the camera not seem as heavy. Do you see what Im saying, maybe the hand position will be better placed and distribute the weight better.

Another vote for BG+hand strap! I just got it set up this way and I am so glad to get rid of the neck strap. The grip is well worth the money in my eyes.

i know what you mean...thanks for the advice...
i just wanted some of your opinions before i go out in this stupid cold nyc weather to feel it for myself =)

A couple items that were overlooked on the plus side of buying the grip for any camera...

1) Spare Battery - Double Life

2) Vertical Controls of the Camera for shooting Portraits

3) Better balance with longer lenses

4) Place for your pinky finger on the XT/XTi

I use a grip on my 5D, on my 20D and XT before that... when shooting longer lenses it makes a TON of difference...

I just got one for my XTi and love it. It helps me out immensely due to the fact that I'm 6'2" and have relatively large hands.

I agree. I use it for the extra stable grip and for the vertical shooting controls. Most of the time I just wrap the neck strap around my wrist 3 times. I hate putting it around my neck.

I found mine on Craigslist brand new $100. I love it! The bad part is...the camera is too big for my flash bracket...

I bought the MB-D200 for the exact reason that the D200 did not fit well into my hand before. (mind you my hands are pretty big.

ok so i went out and bought the grip....i was shooting with it all day today...probably 200 photos
at first it seemed a bit weird...but now ive grown to love it..i cant believe i waited so long to get this
and the side buttons for vertical shooting.....awesome!!!
the xti finally feels at home in my hands now!!

Most reactions

Back