Bi-Weekly assignments.

You might be right about the unending bit, but in my mind the whole point of an assignment is that it has a deadline by which to achieve something. Doesn't that add something to the challenge? More so for anyone who would like to take this beyond a hobby.

You're quite right a firm deadline would probably add to the fun of completing the assignment.

Heck if you could find the right people to run it (probably not going to happen but I'm a dreamer) you could get people running Beginner Intermediate and Advanced assignments.

We really do need to make it a point no just to post images in there but discuss the images that are posted. An assignment is no good if it doesn't lead to better images later. Should we start a thread in the Bi-Weekly assignment forum to discuss this?

That my friend is a great idea. I still believe we should bring it to the front but even then it does need some publicity. Having it's own little assignments area (one for technical assignments one for subject/art assignments and maybe a discussion forum if that is okay) would just sweeten the pot. Because really what good are the assignments if we never discuss how to make the assigned pictures better isn't that the whole point? Aren't we trying to make better photographers? We might not need a discussion forum to do that but I could see so many uses for it you could discuss all the suggestions and what time of year would be best to do them, you could discuss how to get a specific effect for those not quite familiar with it, you could even discuss what kinds of subject matter would work best for the different technical assignments (for those that see the concept but have a hard time visualizing it. Yeah I'm kinda getting into this idea :) Time to go add that to my sig :D

instead of having it as a sub forum why not put it as a regular forum right next to the monthly forum

That is the idea giving it its own assignment section would bring it out in the light I think we may even have the mod team convinced now we either need more people to agree with us or we might just need to wait. I guess a mod might tell us soon.

That is the idea giving it its own assignment section would bring it out in the light I think we may even have the mod team convinced now we either need more people to agree with us or we might just need to wait. I guess a mod might tell us soon.
We'll be making the move soon. ;) I'm covered up at work, frankly, but I'll try to get to it this evening. We're making some slight modifications, which we hope everyone will benefit from. But the purpose will remain the same, and you all will be driving this particular bus.

Thanks for the help :)
Sure thing!

I hope you all like the modifications. As I mentioned before, this area is to be member-driven, so if you'd like to review the prior guidelines/FAQ's that Corry set up for the former "Bi-weekly" forum, hash it out amongst yourselves, then let me or another mod know. We'll be glad to update this for you.

Enjoy!

Sure thing!

I hope you all like the modifications. As I mentioned before, this area is to be member-driven, so if you'd like to review the prior guidelines/FAQ's that Corry set up for the former "Bi-weekly" forum, hash it out amongst yourselves, then let me or another mod know. We'll be glad to update this for you.

Enjoy!

Thank you Terri and all the other mods! :thumbup:

Just one idea I had figured I'd bring it up with those interested should we start discussion threads for each assignment to keep the submission threads cleaner?

Most reactions

Back