Biblical Photo shoot on the Beach for a Book Cover

Brandon Hill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brandonhillphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I just finalized some images for a new book cover job I photographed for. The book was about the life of Joseph of the Bible. I was able to take the shoot on location here in Seattle at a nearby beach. The shoot took place in cold November and my model was a great sport in the conditions.

TECH STUFF:
I used a single light through a beauty dish, pocket wizards and an assistant. For the first set of shots we kept it on a stand and I went through a number of standing poses, as well as running poses.

The story goes that Joseph was sold into slavery from his jealous brothers. They really hated that their father gave Joseph a colorful coat he made. These story elements played into the photo shoot concept and direction. Joseph was young but strong and there is a cinderalla-story element to the overall story.

Then afterwards we went more mobile and my assistant carried the light in place while we shot beach-side and in the water.

$web-joseph-cover.jpg

$joseph-square.jpg

$joseph-ocean.jpg
$web-joseph-wide.jpg
$joseph-portrait.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Always high class!

I like your demeanor and photos posted on this forum.

Keep it up. :D

Those are great.

Awesome, awesome images. #1 is my favorite.

Fantastic! LOVE them! Very powerful indeed. Couldn't have paid me enough to be that model though in that weather!

Thanks so much everyone, I appreciate the feedback. This was a great situation in that the client gave me a lot of freedom to take the shot direction just where I wanted to go. Glad you like the feel and results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back