Big Bear Mtn.

jcannon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Check out the second picture near the bottom!!!!!!

I shot this picture with my girlfriends new Nikon L6..(which takes way to long to finish photos!) Anyways, I think its an awesome photo but I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Since this shot I have purchased a Canon A630 and love it. (More pics soon!)

choppedBEST.jpg

I say Beautiful
Thats a great shot

Over all I really like this shot... If I had to nit pick I would remove the tree (?) on the right as it seems to be distracting a little from the AWESOME frosted tree that is to me the focus of the picture. So, maybe next time that you get a chance to take a picture (if you ever do) would move a little more to the left to try and remove that dark tree...

Hey, Jcannon :D. Welcome to ThePhotoForum!!! :D

At first, I thought I would want to say that large dark tree on the right is a nice frame and would actively underline the "glassi-ness" of the totally frozen over leafless bush/tree that is the subject of your photo.

But the more I look at it the more I think that Chris (BoblyBill) might be right. Maybe you could crop your photo a little, in from the right and then in from above just a tad, there still is room to do so. Just to see if it then looks less heavy on the right?

Other than that I must say that this scene alone is beautiful!
A bush totally covered in ice, as if someone had "preserved it in glass" ... the distant mountains in a shaft of light, the heavy clouds that look like they bring more snow, and the overall bluish (i.e. cold) colour (temperature) are good. All of it sure convey "winter" to me.

that is an absolutly beautiful shot, but as BoblyBill said, you shouldn't have had that bigger tree in the frame. because it takes the focus away from the main subject.

Thanks for the reply's guys.. i though the dark tree might have been a good frame but i guess not.. i have another pic w/o it..

@BoblyBill : after you take the picture with the L6 its takes at least 5-6 good seconds writing the picture to the memory card..

Can i post my other picture in here or should i start another thread?

Post the other one that is a comparison with this first in here - keeps together what belongs together ;).

I think it's beautiful. I love the ice covered tree and the overall look. Maybe just a tad too dark but it definitely works for me.

reitterating, but i also love the cool colour temperature and subject of the wild frosted tree set against that wonderfully lit mountain is amazing composition. i think that less of the big tree to the right would be better... but don't know if removing it all together would help the image. i'd be very interested in seeing the 2nd shot w/o the tree :)

very cool shot (no pun intended)

Ok, heres the second shot without the big tree.. but this is a different subject(icy tree) than the previous picture. The original looks too plain so i put a border on it.. hope it doesn't look too tacky.

mountainchopremix.jpg

oooo, much more dramatic! EXCELLENT!

more mountains, more tree, more blue! MORE MORERERERer! great shot :)

Most reactions

Back