Big brother

High Rouleur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't wait to redo this shot with better composition! It was just a quick snapshot with very quick PP, but I still think it's cute.
IMG_1316-a.jpg

I know this is in the just for fun gallery so if you didn't want critique then please ignore...

It is a cute shot, but I definitely dont think the selective coloring works here. It draws attention solely to your son's hair instead of the fact that he's kissing mommy's tummy. I think it would look nicer if everything were in black and white. The blur behind them looks a little too unnatural also - maybe tone it down a bit.

It is a very cute capture though and one I'm sure all three of you love. Congrats to the family!

Okay, it's time I ask, how is this color thing done, photoshop, or is it an actual effect?

if you didn't want critique then please ignore...
Nah, I always appreciate a little CC. I'm sure the selective coloring is a love/hate point for this shot, but like my new friend Lacey Anne said, he just has the most beautiful red hair, and I've been trying to find a shot to do this with. This one is far from perfect, but I just had to try it. Thanks for your comments!

Okay, it's time I ask, how is this color thing done, photoshop, or is it an actual effect?
It's done through Photoshop, or your photo editing software of choice. It's actually really easy--you just duplicate a photo as a new layer on top of the original, make the new layer black and white, then highlight and delete on the black and white layer the part you want to become color. After you delete it, the colored layer underneath shows through. I'm sure some of the Photoshop pros here could tell you an even easier way, or a better-looking way, but for my purposes my way works fine. :D

Aw, I actually really like the selective coloring in this shot. lol! It's so cute and I would have a hard time losing his GORGEOUS haircolor!
Thanks Lacey! I just hope his hair doesn't turn dark like mine did! And I hope his little sister is born with the same beautiful red locks!:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back