Big Brother

the shot didn't turn out the way he wanted it to because his technique was wrong.

Perhaps your previous statements weren't "just some opinion", but this statement is entirely an assumption. The photo did not turn out the way YOU want it to. The original poster has made absolutely no indication of what he intended when shooting this photograph.

my lens, nikkor 18-135 cannot focus very well thats why i came up with this soft image. i used also one blue led keychain for the lighting. not enough effort on my part.

I'd like to see more detail, some of the silver color maybe. The vignetting(?) on the left seems heavy.

I have the same lens. I'd suggest backing off a bit and manually focusing.

Perhaps your previous statements weren't "just some opinion", but this statement is entirely an assumption. The photo did not turn out the way YOU want it to. The original poster has made absolutely no indication of what he intended when shooting this photograph.

He/She specifically said that the shot came out soft because the lens couldn't focus. All I said was that's exactly the problem, because it should have been shot in manual mode, and that additionally, the lack of sharpness was probably due to shooting it a f5.6.

The indication here, is that the photo was not supposed to be as soft as it is.

If you're shooting a dimly lit subject under controlled lighting with an auto-focusing SLR, and you want everything to be sharp, then you switch it off auto mode and stop down. That's just what you do.

i admit that i shoot this wrong. i have a good concept
but a bad outcome. all your comments will help me get better and i don't care if it is an arrogant or not as long as i get an honest feedback from you guys.

based on your comments and suggestions i created my second version of Big Brother and i would like to share it with you.

Big_Brother_ver__2_by_vvdizon.jpg

I like that one too. The first was good just a little soft. Id like to see the second one enlarged a little more.

the second one is so much better than the first. you eliminated a lot of digital noise on the left side of the picture and the contrast is much better. bravo.

Most reactions

Back