Big Castle and Walled City on a little hill (7pics)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to a town called Carcassonne today to get out of the house. I was a little bit rushed there though so I couldn't really stroll around a lot. It's a great little town and on the hill there's this old medieval walled city (but now it's filled with little crappy tourist shops) but it's still gorgeous.
Fair bit of levels work in these - it was a really really sunny day, but hazy and the sky was pretty whitish.

CcsnneExtMur.jpg

I'm going to try and put up a big panorama that I took of this at some stage.

2. Something went seriously wrong with the compression in this one. It looks great in the original.
CcsnneOuterWall.jpg

CcssnneExtMur.jpg

4. a little interior (dry) moat.
CcsnneChateauMur.jpg

5. And eventhough it isn't perfect, this caught my eye.
CsnneChateauFoule.jpg

6. And two duotones for good luck!
CcsnneRiverWalkFrame.jpg

CcsnneChateauPorte.jpg

meysha, i loved this series....if i could go there, i am afraid i would never leave..

what a way to spend a day... great shots...really love the last one...

(have fun with your heart throb...i know you miss him...)

Good composition on all of them; the colored ones IMO need the level adjust a little pit, #6 is fine as it is; but #7 IMO is a little dark around the door way, guessing that your going for a mysteries look

good job over all:thumbup:

Hey Carcasonne! A place I've been wanting to visit. Hope to make it there someday.
Nice work here Meysha. The first duotone is something special. beautiful capture and composition.

These are nice, and the last one will always be my favourite of the series. On my monitor, the door part does not look too dark. Dark it is, but not too dark.

I can tell where your light problems came from, we seem to be sharing the same weather, and I refrained from taking many photos yesterday because they were all too bright. With the given harsh light you took a marvellous series. The second one, bright as it may be, still shows me what must have fascinated you when you saw the original!

Thanks everyone. It really was a perfect day... shame about the strong light. I wish I could've been there at night time because they light the whole city up and it looks even better!

I'm going crazy with the duotone at the moment, I just absolutely love it. It's funny though, I was considering not posting #6 coz I didn't really like it. But it's nice to hear other people's opinions on it. Thanks.
For #7, I would've prefered if that shadow wasn't over the door when I took it, but I really like how everything else is bright now except for the door and looks sort of mysterious.

I used my little tiny Konica digital X20 camera (2mp Woo Hoo). The zoom doesn't really work on it any more, well it works, but it can't focus when I zoom in for some reason. Still, takes nice photos. I think this pic must be almost actual size! (ok a bit smaller)
minolta-dimage-x20-177x150.gif

Awesome series. The composition is right on. My faves are 1,4,6,7

Cool location! The first and last are my favorites. Don't you just love duotones :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back