Big Cats, 4 pictures

Mikhal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken at the Milwaukee zoo. A cheetah, jaguar, snow leopard, and Siberian tiger. Taken with my Nikon D3400, 70-300mm lens with a polarized filter. Biggest challenge was the glass of the enclosures.

Cheetah.jpg

Jauar.jpg

snow_leopard.jpg

Tiger.jpg

Can't go wrong with spots or stripes on big kitties. :) I think I would go with a little tighter crop on the cheetah and jaguar but that is mostly personal preference.

Nice pics, now that the temperatures look like they are going to drop out of the 90's, I am going to have to visit the zoo soon.

Can't go wrong with spots or stripes on big kitties. :) I think I would go with a little tighter crop on the cheetah and jaguar but that is mostly personal preference.

Nice pics, now that the temperatures look like they are going to drop out of the 90's, I am going to have to visit the zoo soon.

So you would crop more of the empty space out? Is that to highlight the subject more?

I would take about 1/2 the distance between the subject and the side and top of the photos unless there is something of interest there. It would help draw your focus to the cats themselves. If they were in the wild and you wanted to show that, it might be a different situation. Again this is just my preference, in the end it's what you like that matters.

Sometimes it's good to try different things, and then again, sometimes I will look back at an older shot and wonder what the heck I was thinking. ;)

Last edited:
Taken at the Milwaukee zoo. A cheetah, jaguar, snow leopard, and Siberian tiger. Taken with my Nikon D3400, 70-300mm lens with a polarized filter. Biggest challenge was the glass of the enclosures.

View attachment 163832
View attachment 163833
View attachment 163834
View attachment 163835
Excellent pictures. I just had the same problem at the Akron Zoo. Was the filter your solution to the glass issues, anything else?

The filter actually cleared up a lot of the issues with the reflection on the glass, if it didn't I just tried to take a step to the right or left to see if that helped. It was nice that I was able to be right up to the glass though, that cut down on the chance of reflections too.

Most reactions

Back