Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok maybe it's just me ...... have you noticed how big companies tend to treat their staff like lumps of meat and not like humans with feelings etc.

My company have moved me and our section to another part of the building ans will eventually intergrate us in to another team whether we want to or not. It'll change my hours, my life completely. But do they care .. HELL NO!

This Sunday is the day the wife is made redundant. From today she loses her job ... again her company wanted to merge two locations and hers got the chop. More money lost.

Kids:... mine seem intent on destrying the world they live in. This moring my kids kicked over a coffee all over the carpet, her favourite blanket, and my mobile/cell phone. Whilst Junior Lensmeister decided to wake his sister and tell her "get Dad out of bed so I can play playstation" (his PS2 is in our room as we wanted to be able to control the amount of use)

Next week we have to pay out almost £1000 to get a new fence as the "cowboy outfit" that put up the last one is out of business and it blew down, and we need it replacing so the kids can play in the garden without fear of them running away or some pervert trying to snatch them.

Rant over !

Oh no :(
And now you can't even come to Saffron Walden next Saturday to tell us all about it and get a couple of cuddles and strokes.... Too bad.

Ohh No! That's awful. I hope your wife is gonna cope well with the redundancy - it's not a nice feeling in my experience. Good Luck in your new building!

Well if it makes you feel any better I'm trying to move with my three kids on my own so getting tings done are kinda hard. I was upstairs packing for 15 minutes and the youngest sprayed sunscreen all over my braided rug. They put toothpaste is a squirt gun and sprayed that two and I seem to have a soap and cheese egg cut experiment festering in the freezer that was built in my absence!

I can see how working for a small company would have it's perks as my boss only employs 3 people. I get to bring my dog to work and if my kids have even spent the day with me and she's great about when I can't work but somedays i'd trade it to work for the big company with regular raises and insurance and big comp perks!

But isn't the grass greener on the other side of the fence.

But isn't the grass greener on the other side of the fence.
Nope, it's the sun angle making it look that way. ;)

Sorry to hear of all the troubles, Lensmeister.... if your wife is sort of glad to be away from there, maybe she can find something better in the long run. Hope it works out for you guys!!

I was upstairs packing for 15 minutes and the youngest sprayed sunscreen all over my braided rug. They put toothpaste is a squirt gun and sprayed that two and I seem to have a soap and cheese egg cut experiment festering in the freezer that was built in my absence!
I'm so sorry...is it wrong to laugh? :blushing: It just sounds soooo typical!!! Kids are too busy experimenting and having a ball to realize when they're wreaking havoc!

Good luck with the move, lizheaemma - hang in there. :hug::

lizheaemma said:
i'd trade it to work for the big company with regular raises and insurance and big comp perks!
My only perk is free/discounted travel on the railways that I have had for the past 18.5 years anyways...... but we haven't had a decent pay rise in 6 years ...

I was earning MORE 8 years ago when I did a little overtime and weekend work than I do now.........

But with a bit of luck I am going to get my CV done and get it off to the company to get a move in to a better side !

I can but hope ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back