Big Gentle Horses in the Pasture

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure if I'm posting these in the correct category. But this seemed like the best spot, because these were the most friendly docile creatures I have ever seen. The guy that owns them treats them like they were his own kids. They were so curious, and kept on coming up to me and checking out what I was doing. So, I think they would quality as lovable pets. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

horses_in_pasture.jpg

horses_in_pasture_2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

I really like the first shot. Something about the feeling of depth with the road winding away in the background grabs my attention.

one really has a magical quality to it

The first one looks like an old Hollywood painted sound stage. Beautiful horses.

I really like the first shot. Something about the feeling of depth with the road winding away in the background grabs my attention.

I was going ot say the same thing about numbe rone and the roadway. Looks like a neat place... I want one of those horses!

Aaw! Perchrons, love them :) We had one at my barn growing up named rosie...got 5 of us kids on her at a time.
Beautiful photos!

Nice job on #1 NJ! Great depth in the BG with the right use of DOF.

Wow those are BEAUTIFUL pictures and stunning horses....

Sweetsomedays- Those are Belgians unless my mind has failed me...!

I love Belgians....

Thanks everyone for the very nice replies!

Sweetsomedays: You almost won the prize for "Name that Horse Breed". Close. Thanks for commenting. :)

Stella: I wasnt expecting the comment about the Hollywood painted sound stage, but anyway, thats very cool of you to say! Thank you. :)

Thanks fidge, icon, kathi, and heip also for the nice words!

love the first shot almost has a slight HDR feeling, much post processing?

I like your second shot the best! Your first shot seems to have a bit of a haze on it in my opinion. Just a tiny bit though....

the horses on the second one look a bit over-plastic. much post-processing?

colours are nice.

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments!

Mesoam: Not much, no. I always process my photos, but for these, I just did some brightening, a little boost in saturation, and also sharpened a bit. These are not HDR, just one image processed in PS only. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Abel: Thanks! :)

ga_shooter: Thank you! Very nice of you to comment. :)

Alex: I agree. The second one turned out just a bit different. It had to do with how I set the Reduce Noise filter in PS. If I go a little bit too far on one of the controls, it gives this effect. But overall, not much post processing. Just the usual tweaks I normally do in PS. Thanks for the nice comment. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back