BIG group?

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the opportunity to photograph a 15 person Samoan family, all of whom are at least 300 pounds each. I've just read the thread about posing a business group, which was helpful (great link Mike) but do any of you see any problems I might encounter and can you offer any tips?

I thought about having them all lie down with their heads in a circle (bodies like the spokes of a bicycle wheel) and shoot from above as one pose. This would have the added advantage of allowing the facial looseness to fall away as I frame a shot of just their shoulders and heads.

Marian

I have the opportunity to photograph a 15 person Samoan family, all of whom are at least 300 pounds each. I've just read the thread about posing a business group, which was helpful (great link Mike) but do any of you see any problems I might encounter and can you offer any tips?

Yes, I haveone: don't do it on a boat with them all on one side and you on the other ;)

sorry, could not resist :mrgreen:

I think my first post on this forum was when I needed help shooting 'large people' at a wedding. They were 250 lbs plus. Women. Don't shoot lower than they are or you'll get alot of neck and try and get the chins fairly level to the ground. Too high and it looks 'snootie' and a thick neck. Chin too low is extra double chins. I don't shoot many groups, so that's all I can suggest.

Oh- your suggestion does sound very creative. You'd have to be way up high on a ladder for sure- depending on the lens too. Hope it turns out great! Maybe look at some Hawaiian photography sites (or luau's) and maybe they have some ideas.

Hahahha...my husband said he'd have to check the structural integrity of the building foundation. :)

Oh- your suggestion does sound very creative. You'd have to be way up high on a ladder for sure- depending on the lens too. Hope it turns out great! Maybe look at some Hawaiian photography sites (or luau's) and maybe they have some ideas.

I have an 18-200mm lens, which I think would work perfect for that shot. Oooo...thanks for the idea about Hawaiian photography!

Good one Alex_B!

still laughing....

I wouldn't have them lay down...for one thing, it's not easy to lay down or get up when you are 300lbs...and I don't think the ladies would appreciate it...especially if they are dressed up.

Also, if they are all on their backs, and you are above, they will all be square to you...which will show their size and even emphasize it.

I suggest that you get high on a ladder or on a balcony and shoot down onto a standing group. This way they will all be looking up at you.

Also, they are Samoan and they know they are heavy...it probably doesn't bother them...so don't worry so much about trying to hide it...but concern yourself with getting good expressions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back