Big Oak Josh- Round 3

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Big Oak" Josh has been a favorite muse of mine for a few years now. He was visiting Los Angeles this week, so I had to reach out to see if we could do a quick photo shoot. It was his last day in town, but luckily he had free time to come see me. This was the 3rd photo shoot that we've done since our first shoot in 2017.

Exif and Light:

Shot on the original Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 attached set to f/11, 1/160th sec, ISO 100. Lit using a single Neewer C300 flash with a Neewer soft box attached, a silver reflector to add a second reflection in the eyes, and a white reflector to camera left for fill. The canvas backdrop was hand painted by me.
_MG_9673.jpg

Beautiful. I feel like he's the pinnacle of generations of advantageous breeding.

If he hugged me I would just look like something stuck in his beard.

Very simple yet highly effective lighting scheme. Great job!

I remember this dude. He is still a mountain. You and he make a very good team and should benefit each other.

Beautiful. I feel like he's the pinnacle of generations of advantageous breeding.

If he hugged me I would just look like something stuck in his beard.
Haha, thank you.

I remember this dude. He is still a mountain. You and he make a very good team and should benefit each other.
Thank you! He retired from bodybuilding this year, but I'm sure we'll still do some shoots in the future. He's a great guy.

Last edited:
I even like his tattoo!

What's he going to do now that he's retired, buy a longship and set up as a Viking raider?

Most reactions

Back