Big scare today

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up a new Sigma 10-20mm for my D7000 today....On way home from Camera store I though, OK self lets see how well it shoots video. ( I know the D7000 is NOT a video machine ) but still I was curious.

So about a minute into the video I bumped the camera on the dash of the truck ( very light bump I might add )....anyway the mirror locked up and went into ERR mode......I was now in panic mode....it would NOT respond to anything.

Pulled over and after a prayer I decided to pull the battery, after putting it back in and pushing the shutter button all is well....

The video came out awsome, this is an under rated lens

Oy Vey that was a close one, glad it ended happily.

And the D7000 while not a video animal is still an amazing video camera too, saying that I used it as a video camera only once to try it, I was very happy with the results but really my Canon G15 is our video camera and my D7000 is mostly for stills.

Just picked up a new Sigma 10-20mm for my D7000 today....On way home from Camera store I though, OK self lets see how well it shoots video. ( I know the D7000 is NOT a video machine ) but still I was curious.

So about a minute into the video I bumped the camera on the dash of the truck ( very light bump I might add )....anyway the mirror locked up and went into ERR mode......I was now in panic mode....it would NOT respond to anything.

Pulled over and after a prayer I decided to pull the battery, after putting it back in and pushing the shutter button all is well....

Driving while videoing? Probably not a good idea, as you found out! :)

at least I wasnt texting....lol

and where did it say I was driving ???

Last edited:
Pulled over and after a prayer

Kind of gives the idea that you were driving. lol Glad it survived and is working now.

how is the still image quality of Sigma 10-20mm? I sue Nikon Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR . Is Sigma 10-20mm is better than this?

Most reactions

Back