Big Sky - 370k warning (panorama)

nannabug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Too much sky? Not enough sky? Didn't have my tripod with me so had to crop mismatched edges after merging 4 photos. Also is my first attempt using photo stitch software. I have downsized for posting but file is still quite large.

panorama%20test.jpg

I love this photograph, i found myself staring at every detail for ages.

As for the sky/earth ratio, i think personally you got it right, i think the large size of the sky helps add to the feeling of vastness (sp, word?) and i love the shadow of clouds on the ground

Must admit its a bit large for my screen, and i have a 19" monitor, so that hinders the critique a bit.

Also i would be tempted to clone out any trace of man made structures such as the road on the right and the fence on the left

Thank you, John. Apologies for the large size, but it is probably the only way to achieve the grand scope of the scene. Actually, that 'road' on the right is the Missouri River. Wish I could have included more of it in the image so it would be more obvious as to what it is. You can see just a wee bit more of the river towards the left side of the scene. I could clone out that fence, though.

loved the photograph... I've tried playing with panoramas.. nothing like that tho... what a beautiful job

oooo beautiful picture! Enough sky and enough land:) neat! You did very well here :)

Thanks, all, for the comments. Much appreciated.
No, we don't have BIG mountains on this side of MT. Rolling hills, plains and badlands aplenty, though. But this image is from Medora, ND, from the overlook where outdoor musicals are performed nightly during the summer.

Most reactions

Back