Big thanks to all...

cvjarrod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
With a lot of help from the great members here, I've finally gone DSLR. The F4 was a great camera, but I was way overdue for another.

D200 body should arrive by Thursday with 4GB memory, extra battery, lots of extras, SB800 and a carbon fiber tripod.

Since I didn't want to miss out on double rebates from Nikon (As if you need an excuse to buy more glass), I went ahead and bought this lens:

Nikon 17-55mm F/2.8G ED-IFAF-S DX

I already have these lenses.

AF NIKKOR 24-50mm 1:3.3-4.5
AF NIKKOR 80-200mm 1:2.8 D

NIKKOR 15mm 1:3.5

I'll probably take the 24-50 and F4 and donate them to a really good buddy who teaches a high school photography class. That's assumming the 17-55 and D200 performs how I expect.

I'll be shooting a wedding in June. By then I should have recovered from my current spending binge (OUCH!). What glass would be good to add to my collection for that wedding?

Big thanks to everyone for helping me build what should be an unbelievably fun kit to use.

First, if I had to recommend one lens it would be either a fast 50mm or a fast 85mm, but mainly because I think every kit should contain at least one fast prime.

Secondly... A D200, an F4 and 15mm? Sweeeeet! No messing around with entry-level gear for you eh :lol: congrats on the new gear!

Got really, really, really, really lucky on the 15. A very dear friend inherited it and gave it to me because he knows what a junkie I am. It's still in mint condition. The previous owner took much, much, much better pictures with it, but he was a true pro.

I better get good stuff with how infrequently I upgrade!

cvjarrod said:

I'll probably take the 24-50 and F4 and donate them to a really good buddy who teaches a high school photography class. That's assumming the 17-55 and D200 performs how I expect.

I wish someone had donated an F4 to MY photography class.... I used to have dreams about holding an F4 (That and Twiggy). Nice kit (The Photostuff I mean).

I was kind of thinking the same thing about the donation.

If I keep it, I probably won't use it very often at all. I have plenty of friends that would be happy to loan me their film bodies, so it's not like I'm losing out on anything.

It would be real cool if the next great photographer learned on my old F4.

Most reactions

Back