BIG waves in california

justinspeaks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is today(4-11) at The Wedge in Newport Beach, California. Two people died yesterday from getting swept of the rocks... its a crazy wave.
wedge4-11-2007013copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007128copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007239copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007254copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007123copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007099copy.jpg

wedge4-11-2007335copy.jpg

wow cool set. I love number 7.

Im not much of a water person I like my activities to stay on land but this looks totally fun.

Totally fun and unbelievably dangerous. You absolutely have to respect nature, especially in the form of big waves. I've heard too many times of people being held under after the wave comes down on them and drowning.

In any case -- great pictures. Obviously the guys in the pictures know what they're doing. You caught the massive power of the waves, the fun, and the danger (esp in 7).

wow.. really like no.7!

Those are crazy waves. We had some big ones in Mexico on vacation last week but not that big.

Nice pics, i like number 2 and 5 from a surfing aspect. I didnt hear anything about the deaths though, odd. Was there some sort of paddle out for them?

Nice series. :thumbup: I like #5 and how you really get a sense of how big the waves are.

ha the wedge is awesome I was going to surf it last summer but I didnt. My friends step brother used to be a pro body surfer at the wedge sponsored by Viper (its a fins company) his best friend broke his neck hitting the ground. The wedge has one hell of a shore break. So the people who died werent in the water they were just on the rocks? thats really sucks. I usually hang out at salt creek during the summer and some beaches in laguna like oak street. Nice pics !

the people were just on the rocks fishing. they werent surfing it or anything

Great set, I went out there today.//:( wind was blowing way too hard, sand storm. I did not even take the camera out of my bag.

ya it was disappointing. im prety sure its gunna be off shore tomorrow though and the swell is gunna stay decent sized so it should be some good stuff.

Wow! I really like #'s 2 and 7, they're beautiful! I've always been a water person. This just makes want to go out to California even more one day when i can afford it.:)

I went again this morning, but your shots put me to shame. Great work. Sets were a little smaller today,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back