Bigger photographer open to tips suggestions recommendations

When you shoot a selfie, hold the camera higher, and/or lower your chin, so people don't have the chance to imagine/see viscous colloidal mucus (snot), or dried colloidal mucus (boogers) up your nostrils.
Seriously what are u trying to say here ? I I might be taking this the wrong way please explain yourself

For your avatar your head is tilted back and the camera is looking up your nose.
Not the best viewpoint.

what is your budget?
How much disability do you have with your hands and arms?
My budget I would have to say is 300 as far as my hands and arms im fully moble with them I can function perfectly fine with my hands and arms my legs is the problem

When you shoot a selfie, hold the camera higher, and/or lower your chin, so people don't have the chance to imagine/see viscous colloidal mucus (snot), or dried colloidal mucus (boogers) up your nostrils.
Seriously what are u trying to say here ? I I might be taking this the wrong way please explain yourself

For your avatar your head is tilted back and the camera is looking up your nose.
Not the best viewpoint.
Oh ok got it

tbh, 300 won't get you much in a dslr and lens unless you go for used starter models and others are better with recommendations in that realm than me.

Welcome.

Actually, the wheelchair isn't a good justification for a Point-and-shoot--it's the opposite. B/c you can't just go clamber over those rocks or easily backup on to the stairs, you really need to have a DSLR with a zoom. I get you want something that is easy to handle and carry--but that's true of any photographer. The difference is that you're carrying something (point-and-shoot) that doesn't really compensate for your limited mobility. AND...b/c you're in a wheelchair, the rationale that many other people would give for not carrying a DSLR wouldn't apply to you--you're already encumbered with a big hunk of metal and some mobility limitations.

I've known a couple of photographers who used wheelchairs who wore a tactical vest/camera vest continuously--it just gave them easy access to all the crap that other people can go get off their desk or leave in their car--b/c they needed to always have stuff with them. Most of what they had in there wasn't camera gear. But the point is: you can wear a tactical vest and/or put a bag on the back of your chair that will accommodate a DSLR. Maybe not a Nikon D4s with a 400mm f2.8 zoom. But if you got something like a D5300 (which doesn't have an autofocus engine in the body--it relies on the lens having the motor--so it results in a smaller, lighter, more compact DSLR), that would work well with a vest. And then a wise and limited selection of lens (something that is really fast b/c it's a major hassle for you to deal with setting up soft boxes), a good all-purpose zoom with wide-angle capabilities and then maybe something for macro work, well...then you'd be cooking with gas!
What model of cameras would U recommend

Take a good look at a Nikon D5100. It is small and light for a DSLR b/c it doesn't have an autofocus motor in the body (it relies on the lens having an autofocus motor). So if you're going to shoot auto or autofocus with a D5100, you need to be sure and buy lens that have autofocus motors in them. But if you try a couple of different DSLRs, you'll see that the D5000 series is smaller and lighter than their competitors so part of the reason you like a Point-and-shoot will work for you with the D5100.

Another reason I suggested a D5100 is that it has an articulated screen. This is exceptionally valuable for someone in a wheelchair. If I want to shoot something on ground level, I get on my belly and look through the view finder. You don't have that option. But with a D5100, you can put the camera at ground level and with the articulated screen you can see what the camera is focusing on.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back